Jackfruit Taco Recipe
Celebrate Meatless Monday or Taco Tuesday with our superfood jackfruit tacos. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
On a quest for a perfect Meatless Monday or Taco Tuesday recipe? Look no further than these jackfruit tacos!
If you’re new to plant-based eating, you may be wondering: What is jackfruit?
Thanks to its meat-like texture, jackfruit is a popular plant-based meat alternative. Due to its surge in popularity, you can find canned jackfruit at your local grocery or health food store.
As far as taste goes, jackfruit has a neutral flavor and it easily absorbs spices and flavors, which is why it works so well in this recipe!
Our jackfruit tacos feature our Magic Mushroom mix. Outside of a Choco Taco, the combination of chocolate and tacos may sound strange. But the chocolate flavor adds a richness and depth to these jackfruit tacos.
What makes this recipe so super? (Besides the superfoods, of course!) This dish comes together in less than 30 minutes, which means you can easily make these jackfruit tacos on a busy weeknight!
SERVES 2 | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
• 2 tsp Magic Mushroom mix
• 1 can jackfruit (in water or brine)
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1-2 tbsp taco seasoning
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• ½ lime, juiced
• 3 tbsp tomato paste
• ⅓ cup water
• salt and pepper, to taste
• tortillas, toppings
- Drain and rinse and dry the jackfruit, then pat dry.
- Pull the pieces apart with your hand or chop them into smaller pieces. (For best results, we recommend cutting off the end piece of the jackfruit bulb.)
- Heat the oil in a large pot, then add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add the jackfruit, taco seasoning, maple syrup, tomato paste and lime juice, stirring to combine.
- Cook over low-medium heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Magic Mushroom mix.
- Assemble your tacos with the jackfruit and other toppings like salsa, Power Matcha guacamole, beans and rice.